Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
My calves are aching i need help

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

My calves are aching i need help

My calves started aching about a month ago, i went to the doctor and found out i had a vitamin D deficiency...that was corrected but my calves still ache.

I tried taking calcium/magnesium/zinc tablets and a multiple vitamin...didn't help. Not sure what to do now anyone have any suggestions?
Avatar n tn
Sometimes low vit d is a sign of PARAthyroid problems. Check out info on www.parathyroid.com. This website is run by the leading doc on parathyroid disease. You can have PARAthyroid problems and have a normal value serum calcium test, so you need to have your "ionized" calcium and PTH tested. They probably didn't test you for this. At the very least you need to have your serum calcium (commonly tested, part of CBC) tested 3 or 4 times to see if they bounce around. If you peruse the website it will explain why. Good luck and keep us posted.
thank you i never did get a reason why my vit d was low but can this cause leg aches even after the vit d problem is fixed?.
Avatar n tn
Sorry, I don't know. Normally when you successfully treat a condition you usually get some sort of relief from the symptoms is causes. If I were you I would get a second opinion and research a bit more about causes of low vit d. Start by searching on this site. There have several posts recently about low vit d and lots of responses. I know some say that low thyroid can sometimes cause it, but I'm not sure about that. And I would assume if they tested for vit d then they've tested your thyroid.