Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
My head never feels normal. Constantly feels "off".

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello. This is something I've dealt with since I believe at least 2007 or 2008. It all started one day when I had been swimming at my Aunt and Uncle's house. My ear somehow got plugged up or clogged. I shook my head to get the water out and all that, but it just didnt seem to get back to normal. I had the clogged feeling in my ear for a couple weeks if I remember correctly. It went away eventually and all was well.

Soon after, I was at work and got very woozy all of a sudden. I had to sit down for a while and just let it pass, but it was odd. So I would get spells like that every once in a while, and still do to this day. Currently, it's not really a dizzy feeling, it's just a borderline woozy feeling. My head just kinda feels "off" constantly. I have a sense of just unbalance in my head. The rest of my body usually seems to be fine, but my head is in this constant state of just off balance and heavyness.

I know I have some issues that contribute to it, such as very bad allergies and what not, but I was always fine until that moment after swimming and my ear getting messed up. Nobody I explain my symptoms to can ever figure out what it is. I'll try to go into more detail. I've read many things and know about the vertigo and all that, but it's not like that. I'm rarely full on dizzy. The most accurate description is that of just an off, unbalanced, weird feeling in my head. It is constant. Never goes away. There are times when it doesn't bother me too awfully much, probably because I've been dealing with it for so long and have just gotten used to it. It's not quite as bad as it once was, but still I'm just tired of living with this. I never feel normal. My head doesn't at least.

Any information and help regarding what this might be, what might be causing it, etc., would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to find answers. I'd like my head to feel normal again.
As a nothing but a fellow undiagnosed person, have you been to Ear-Nose-Throat doctor? I am having this feeling like I've been living on a boat for a week and it also makes palps.
Went to doctor, he examined my ear and - nothing.
He said it could be stress-related and I should probably go visit a Neurologist or Psychiatric. He said I shouldn't delay even if it is just stress.
Sorry for not a really satisfying answer.
You say this problem started after swimming and you still have a full feeling in your ear.  

Get your ear checked out for blockage.  Dizzy turns can be from blocked ears and also from infections in the middle or inner ear.

Also get your blood pressure checked out as this too can cause feelings of dizziness.