My two year old....
My two year old got her ears peirced in September for her birthday. I went to Claire's and I cleaned her ears everyday. After 12 weeks I took her earrings out and one of her ears looked blue on the back of it. This morning, it was swollen and puffy, after I decided not to put her earrings back in. It now looks like a blood clot and she is in quite a bit of pain. It's saturday and our only option is to go to the ER.... Should I, or is there a way I can help her on my own?
Call the nurse hotline and see what they say. I dont know I got my daughter ears done by her doctor but I would call the nurse hotline
Go to the ER just incase but it sounds like it could be a bit of bruising.
I am a tidge late in replying to this post. I do hope your daughter is well. My daughter had the same problem. Turned out, she had an allergy to the material the earrings were made from. It got infected, turned purple and blue and yep, a blood clot formed. I took her to the er. I felt silly afterwards because it was something so simple. At the time, it did not look good, so simple was not in my vocabulary. If you ever get concerned, afraid, etc about anything health related and cannot get to the doctor right away, the er will not turn you away because it is less of an emergency. I say better be safe than sorry. :)) Your princess will be fine. Those pesky earrings!!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.