Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Mystery pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Mystery pain

I have been diagnosed with:  IBS, depression, anxiety, signal intensity/migraines, chronic sinus infections, tension headaches and interstitial cystitus.  I still feel as though their is something "much more involved" going on with my body.  I have a lump in my neck that my doctor says is just "swollen" but it has been there for almost 2 years since I first discovered it perhaps longer.  I often get swollen tonsils and soar throats.  Lately, I have had pain in my chest especially the left side and sometimes between my breasts.  I also have tightness in my chest and sometimes my back.  I have had MRI's, Chest X-ray's, etc...  and everything comes out fine.  I used to smoke but quit almost 6 years ago.  I feel like I have had more medical problems now than when I smoked!!  I am getting very upset that this pain continues and the doctor's just shrug it off to an infection.  I feel like I have to be rude to get anywhere as far as a diagnosis.  I really worry about cancer since I did used to smoke.  I am 29 years old and just don't feel right no matter how careful I am with my health.  Please someone offer some advice as to what testing I should do or any suggestions!!!!!
I am not a doctor but if I were you, I would keep looking for a solution no matter how many doctors you have to go to. I am assuming that you have had a dopler and an ekg done. If not I would have them. I would also ask for a biopsy on the lump on your neck. It maybe nothing to worry about but it would not be a chance I would take. I do not ever like to say this but, if you doctor shrug this off like it is nothing, I would run as fast as I could to a differant doctor.
Thank you so much for your feedback.  I really appreciate it. I have seen different doctors/specialist's for different things and most of them just want to prescribe me something and that's it.  Usually I have more questions and have to stop them from leaving the room.  I have only encountered one physician in my life who is proactive and truely wants to heal me.  He is a urologist and has done everything possible to help me with that area of medicine.  I think I will get a second opinion regarding the lump in my neck as well as the difficulty in breathing sometimes.  I just feel like it is more than just anxiety and IBS.  Thanks again.  It makes me feel better knowing that someone cares.