Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nasal drip? Poor stomach, etc

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nasal drip? Poor stomach, etc

For the past year I've been having this really annoying problem that refrains me from some regular activities.

I always have to swallow, meaning there is some sort of post-nasal drip.  I swallow throughout the whole day every several seconds and have this lump feeling in the throat.

Also, I have to go to the bathroom (poop, don't know medical term...) way more than usual and quite often have diarrhea.

I also seem to burp way more than I used to.  After almost everything I eat I burp almost immediately, which didn't happen before.

Finally, last August I had strep throat and this started happening after that.

I'm 18 years old, by the way.

Any ideas what can this be?
-2 Comments
Avatar n tn
hi... i'm 20 years old and yeah, i also posted the same thing.. postnasal drip... i am experiencing this postnasal drip for about 6 months now and i dont actually know what caused this.. i have no other symptoms... hmnn... did you see a doctor for your postnasal drip???
Avatar n tn
Well, I have seen doctors few times but nothing helped.  However, I think I didn't tell them all of the symptoms.  One of the doctors told me to buy this spray medicine for the nose, but that didn't help at all.

To be honest, I think it's something from my stomach that's causing post nasal drip, as post nasal drip itself couldn't really cause all the other symptoms I have.
I have the same problem - post nasal drip ans strange stomach problems(acid reflux, feeling sick/bloated,burping) i am convinced that the post nasal drip is because of my stomach problems but the docs don't seem to listen. they said that maybe i have got IBS which i think is just an excuse to get me out of the door to be honest. I have had it for years now but really bad for the past 6months, i am 22. I see you posted this a while ago, did you ever find out what it could be?
h pylori
Avatar n tn
I was thinking hyperthyroid issues.
Thanks.  I had the h pylori test done - it was negative.
i went to the docs again this week and she took more blood but said it was to test for something to do with my pancreas.  I have looked up hyperthyroid on the internet and some of the symptoms sound like mine. however, they do not mention stomach problems. do you know if stomach bloating/pain/burping are anything to do with thyroid issues. also, there is this post nasal drip - i don't know how that fits in!   thanks