Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nausea, diarreah(diarrhea), loose stools, gasy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I've been having "upset" stomach for 4 days now. I feel naseated from time to time to the point I can't even eat, stomach feels gasy, I've had diarreah (diarrhea) and loose stools, burping and gas. Sometimes I feel better, then not too long later I don't. I feel as if the gasy bloated part is toward the upper right/middle abdomen about an inch above my belly button. I've had darker colored stools (once it was a green color), which are not black but a dark brown mostly, but I have taken pepto bismal. I'm wondering if this will pass, or if it is something that needs attention. I have had symptoms since Wednesday evening, till today (saturday night) going on 4 days now with these symptoms. Trying to decide whether going to the doc on Monday first thing instead of heading to work in the morning and waiting for relief.
Tags: abdomen, diarreah, nausea

Looking at your symptoms,I feel that you are having gastritis. Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. There are many possible causes of this disorder including an infection(bacterial,viral,fungal or parasitic), an irritant, an autoimmune disorder, or a backup of bile into the stomach.

Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods .

Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta.You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec(omeprazole).These will help.Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

If the symptoms worsen then it may be due to H.Pylori infection.You need antibiotics in that case after prescription from a physician.

Hope it helped.

Take care and rgds
Thanks for the response! It's Sunday and I'm still having these symptoms. Since this could be caused by some sort of infection, I should probably see my doctor on Monday. Until then I'll try some OTC antacid's. And I meant to say I'm gasy in my upper left/middle abdomen about an inch or so above my belly button. I don't know if that changes the condition (left from right). Anyways~ thanks again! :)
I did a little searching on "Gastritis" and found some symptoms that were close to mine. But it did say if there was also diarrhea involved (which I have) that "Gastroenteritis" might be the right diagnosis. And my symptoms also were close to that of "Giardiasis" so I'm a little confused as to what to expect to hear from the doctor, but I'm going to make an appointment Monday morning since these all can be caused by infections/virus/bacteria, etc. And it doesn't seem to be going away on its own.

You are right in saying that it can be case of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is an irritation and infection of the digestive tract. It can often cause sudden and sometimes violent upsets and may be confused with spastic colitis. Gastroenteritis can be produced from
viral,bacterial and parasitic infections, contaminated food or water, food poisoning, use of harsh laxatives, change in bacteria that normally live in the intestinal tract, chemical toxins in certain plants, seafood, or contaminated food, and heavy metal poisoning.

Take adequate fluids throughout the day. The BRAT diet (ie, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) or soft easily digestible semisolid diet can also be taken. Antimicrobial therapy is indicated for some bacterial gastroenteritis infections. However, many are self-limited and do not require therapy.The specific antibiotics are taken for specific bacteria after stool culture.

You are going to consult the doctor on Monday.Till then keep yourself well hydrated and try taking the medicines for gastritis which I had earlier told.Also keep your head end of the bed elevated.It will help.

Take care and regards.
Well, I just got back from my appointment. And it was a Gastrointestinal Infection as the Doc put it...I think he mentioned Gastroenteritis. He put me on an antibiotic called Cipro 500mg, told me to just try liquids for 24hrs, then use the "BRAT" diet as the nausea goes away. And I should start feeling better within 3 days and then can return to work/activities, but will be taking the med's for 7 days. Thanks for the suggestions and comments! :)
6 weeks ago I contracted "Community Pneumonia" from my grandchildren.  Had along with it VERY severe pain in my entire body/high temps, etc....the "pain" and fever was a good week and a half before it came down to lowgrade.  Then I continued to have severe congestion/coughing, etc. and was diagnosed with the pneumonia and given the Zithromax for 5 days.  The pneumonia went away per Xray exams taken...but, I still did not feel well.  Next thing was I began coughing (broncial coughing) and had sinus problems (running down my throat/foul taste, etc.)...went back to the doctor..this is now in week 5!  He prescribes me Leviquin 750mgs. for 5 days.  The pharmacist said do not take it til the "nausea in the morning mostly", lowgrade temp, and slight loose-stools go away as this drug will make me really sick!  That was two days ago.  I have since still had the nausea...it for the most part doesn't start until early morning...anywhere between 5AM onward...but wakes me up...it feels like "morning sickness" (but I am 58 and have had a hysterectomy!)....I eat toast, banana, and weak tea to help the nausea subside.  I woke up now this morning with a horrific headache (like I used to get in the past and take Fiorcette for).  Do any of you know what could make me feel like this?  No nausea basically by mid-day onward until early in the next morning.....and then after eating food thru-out the day it subsides.  I also have to mention that I have been on Xanax for 18 years now with no let up.  I thought it was perhaps an anxiety attack and up'd my dose to 1 mgs in the morning when I woke up with this nausea feeling.  This is perplexing to me due to the fact I have no health insurance and cannot the barrage of testing they would want to do............if anyone out there has any ideas, I welcome them!  Thanks much.........
I have been sick for almost a month now, went to doctor and he tought my bowels were backed up. i was only able to get down a third bottle of this stuff to clean bowels out it mad me nauseated. tried milk of magnesia and it helped a little bit.
I am at the poin i can not eat much of anything, the pain in my middrift is so bad, no matter waht i drink i belch. fells like to may be a gas ovorload but can ot get it to come out.

no i have diarheah, this is probably th sickest i have aver been
went to er and they said it was not pancreas, liver or gallbladder as they did blood work.

am at my wits end