Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nausea and Fatigue

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nausea and Fatigue

I've had feelings of nausea and fatigue for the past month and a half (no I'm not pregnant) and my blood results came back all normal. I'm more nauseous in the mornings, but it's a constant feeling throughout the day unless I take anti-nausea medication to help (and even that doesn't always help). The only thing the dr. said about my blood results was that my TSH was slightly high but he was pretty confident it wasn't hypothyroidism because my thryoid tested normal.

Anyone have similar symptoms and can help? I'm getting extremely frustrated and afraid to leave my apt each day in fear that I will start feeling sick:(
Avatar n tn
You should have your doctor test you for both Positional Vertigo and Mono.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Commonest cause of chronic nausea is acidity. Take omeprazole (empty stomach in morning) and antacid gel and see if it helps. Liver and kidney dysfunction is another cause. Hence kidney and liver function tests should be done. Other causes are diabetes and hypothyroidism. Electrolyte imbalance too can cause nausea. IBS, gluten or lactose intolerance, parasites in gut too can be the cause. A stool test should be done for worms, giardiasis etc. Also if nothing is found then food challenge test to detect food intolerance should be done.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!
I am not sure what could be causing your nausea and fatigue.  I would consult with an endocrinologist or rheumatologist.  All I can think of is the beginning of possible autoimmune disease with the fatigue, but not sure where the nausea fits in. Do you have any problems with depression or anxiety?
I have an appt with a gastro on Monday, but I started taking Prilosec (recommended by my GP) and it seems to be helping. Has anyone had any experience with H Pylori and could describe their symptoms?