Nausea and lump in throat feeling
Hello. Since February (after I got over a bout with strep throat), I had a feeling of chronic nausea. I feel as though I'm going to vomit, but I haven't in the time that I've had this (only dry heaving). This feeling has led to panic attacks as I have a long commute and the thought of being in that embarrassing situation worries me. Now I often have a feeling of a lump in my throat, and I feel like I have to keep swallowing it down so I won't vomit (though I know I won't because I haven't).

I've seen both my primary doctor and gastroenterologist. My blood pressure is fine, blood tests fine, and stool samples negative for parasites. I've had an endoscopy performed, as well as a gastric emptying study, and the gastroenterologist said there was minor inflammation in my stomach and noticed I had gastroparesis. I'm currently taking omeprazole to see if that helps. My primary wanted to put me on antidepressants, but I've been off them for a few years (because of problems with side effects) and don't want to be on them again.

I really don't know what to do. My appetite goes from minor to nonexistent. I'm taking motion sickness pills so I can sleep during the commute. I take 6+ Tums a day. I just want some kind of answer because it's really difficult to get through the day and not know anything.

Thanks.
Pum
It sounds very like what I had when I was going through an anxious/depressive phase.  Try the ADs, even for a short course.  That was enough to help me out of the circle I had got into (worrying about symptoms causing more symtoms then more worry).  Good luck.
I have had the same problem and have been through the same tests and they haven't found anything wrong with me either. I have no idea what to do, it started a few years ago but has been worse this year. The nauseas feeling gets really overwhelming and i have a vomiting phobia at that so i get really panicky. I was just wondering if you have found out anything regarding your symptoms? I'm only 17! I shouldn't be having these problems!
I really do have the same symptoms as you but eating actually makes it go away for a while. Then its just a lump in throat feeling after five minutes :(