Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nausea and lump in throat feeling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nausea and lump in throat feeling

Hello. Since February (after I got over a bout with strep throat), I had a feeling of chronic nausea. I feel as though I'm going to vomit, but I haven't in the time that I've had this (only dry heaving). This feeling has led to panic attacks as I have a long commute and the thought of being in that embarrassing situation worries me. Now I often have a feeling of a lump in my throat, and I feel like I have to keep swallowing it down so I won't vomit (though I know I won't because I haven't).

I've seen both my primary doctor and gastroenterologist. My blood pressure is fine, blood tests fine, and stool samples negative for parasites. I've had an endoscopy performed, as well as a gastric emptying study, and the gastroenterologist said there was minor inflammation in my stomach and noticed I had gastroparesis. I'm currently taking omeprazole to see if that helps. My primary wanted to put me on antidepressants, but I've been off them for a few years (because of problems with side effects) and don't want to be on them again.

I really don't know what to do. My appetite goes from minor to nonexistent. I'm taking motion sickness pills so I can sleep during the commute. I take 6+ Tums a day. I just want some kind of answer because it's really difficult to get through the day and not know anything.

Thanks.
Tags: nausea, years