Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nausea for 8 days and counting.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nausea for 8 days and counting.

I've posted this question here before but I want to clarify and update. 8 Days ago I got sick (highly unlike me) and had diarrhea for the rest of that day, these however did not continue. For the next 7 days I've been slightly nauseous to "about to throw up" nauseous and it gets worse as the day goes on. If I don't eat I'll have a hungry bloated feeling that is deceiving because as soon as I try to it's makes it worse. And if I do eat something at the right time it's like I can feel the acids in my stomach. Like liquid and tingles. No sharp pains or cramps though. All this adds to the nausea. Most of the time I have to sleep sitting up. Clinic can't take me anytime soon so I am hoping for some help here. I'm also wondering if it could be e. coli? Because on Christmas I had some weird looking Turkey that looked like it's rib cage was taken out with already no legs. The only night I threw up I was thinking it might have been a combination of whatever I was developing and a Full Throttle energy drink. Their have been a couple mild days such as today but their have been horrible days as well and more of them. Things such as Tums do not help they make the tingles worse. Oh and lastly, banana's and yogurt doesn't affect it too bad. Nausea may not seem too bad until you have to deal with it all day everyday so I hope someone will help.

EDIT: Friends have mentioned an Ulcer or Gastritis, I hope these are not the cases.No sharp pains, no blood in stool either.
It does sound like a possible ulcer. You probably will need an upper GI to get it checked. I think nausea is horrible and 7 days of it is a long time. I hope you can drink enough water to stay hydrated. no I don't think it is E.coli you would be much more sick. Some possibility of irritable bowel.  If it was an bacterial infection (food poisoning) you would be having worse diarrhea and possibly fever.
something that could help is to stay away from dairy
I am no longer nauseous finally but my stomach feels pretty weak. Maybe it needs to build itself back up? I can drink fluids and eat now with my appetite picking up again. Still have to take it slow drinking stuff since it's easy to get bloated right now. Also if I stand up too long my stomach starts feeling weak.No more burning or tingles or anything, do you still suspect a possible ulcer or am I cleared?
Well, now I think it could have been food poisoning because you are getting better. But you usually get both throwing up and diarrhea and major cramps.  Usually with an ulcer you have pain. So, if it clears up and doesn't come back you may be in the clear. After not eating much and throwing up and so forth is is normal to have a weak stomach. Try to eat soup or other soft foods until you feel better. Try to keep hyrdated maybe drink gatoraide for the potassium or keep up eating the bananas for the same reason. If the bloating continues and you can get into the clinic I would go and perhaps get a stool culture done. Since it came on suddenly it is suspicious. I don't think an ulcer would come on that fast and without pain but watch your symptoms. Definitely if you don't get better soon I would go in.
mkh9
Thanks for the response, just last night I tried to go bigger and eat spaghetti and meatballs and had horrible indigestion I think it was until 4 in the morning. It was a sick feeling but not the same as before. Do you think it's just a case of my stomach being too weak for the greasy food for now? I just felt bad and one thing that stood out was my saliva was thick. I laid on my left side till I fell asleep.
Probably if it has only been a day or two since you started eating anything. Start slow with soft foods then build up.don't eat too much at a time. Try mac N cheese or soft boiled egss on toast etc. I still think if this doesn't end soon you need to see a gastroenterologist or just your family practice can send you for an upper GI to start with and stool cultures perhaps. Usually, food poisoning is self limiting. But there are exceptions. So, I'm wondering which way to go with this because it came on suddenly like food poisoning and is finally starting to resolve. Keep me posted

mkh9
I believe there is something wrong with full throttle energy drink because I have been sick off them a few times and I lose a lot of weight so I drink half of one can almost every day. I don't drink a whole pan anymore. I attribute it to leaving it then drinking it when it gets warm. I think something happens to it what it says and gets to room temperature.