Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nausea while eating.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nausea while eating.

I have been experiencing a problem eating for the past two months. Whenever I attempt to eat whole food, my appetite immediately diminishes and I feel extremely nauseated. At that point I stop eating, this has never caused me to vomit, but I get the distinct impression that if I continued to eat, I would.

This doesn't happen every meal, but it's become a daily problem now. I don't seem to have any issues with fluids.

I started experiencing this problem shortly after I had a bad bout with Food Poisoning. Ever since then the thought of food, or trying to eat is a very unplesant thing. At first I thought it was just my stomach recovering from the poisoning; but now I'm quite worried I have a serious problem.

I am trying to see a physician as soon as I can, unfortunately I don't have health insurance at the moment, so I'm avoiding doctors like the plague.

So, I suppose I'm just asking if theres any other symptoms I should be watching out for... or anything I can do.

Any response is appreciated.
This sounds like a psychological problem more than anything.  I'm guessing that the food poisoning has left you feeling that if you do eat then you'll be ill afterwards and you're scared of this.  You should probably see your GP for reassurance and some kind of counselling if he feels appropriate.
How do you know it was "food poisoning" and not something else? If I was you, I'd have at least one doctor visit and have a complete blood count done and make sure they check your liver function thyroid function and kidney function. If something else is going on it will probably show up with that blood test.
I guess I've used "food poisoning" incorrectly. I'll replace it with "incredibly freaking sick"

The night it happened I remember geting a strange, but severe pain in my lower back. Once that subsided, I started vomiting. That lasted for at least... 5-6 hours. I was heaving, etc, so hard that it burst blood vessel around my eyes, one eye looked like I got punched right in the face. It ended when something else finally came up... very strange in color, bright yellow/green. I don't know if this makes any sense, but once that came up... it felt like a 50 ton weight was lifted off me.

I wasn't vomitting up any blood, so I wasn't too concerned... after I got some rest, I felt fine and could eat, so I didn't go in and get checked out... but over the past few months it has, like I said, gotten worse.

Just wanted to add more about the "poisoning" infection... whatever happened to me.

Guess I'll need to be visiting the doctor, then...
I've been also experiencing nausea when I eat. No matter the amount of food I eat; I still feel nauseated.

Before, this symptom only occured in the mornings. Liquids are not a problem unless they are heavily concentrated and water seems to be the best remedy. I basically have to force myself to eat.

I am not anorexic or bulimic; I actually want to gain some weight. And I am not pregnant: Im a guy. lol. In addition, I have never vomited or lost weight from it.

I have talked to my aunt who is very acquainted with the topic and she has stated that it might be some stress related problem, since it has gotten worse as soon as I started school. However, she suggested that I should visit my GP so that he can run a blood test and find out what is going on.
I have been having the same problem. I can be really hungry before I start eating, but then once i get two or three bites into it i lose all appetite. I even start to feel sick, and queasy, I have on one occasion after ignoring this feeling thinking it was merely psychological kept eating, and about 5-10 minutes later promptly vomited.  My dad thinks it's stress, which might be the problem, except i am not ever thinking about something specific while i am eating just general conversation. Which is why i dismiss his theory of stress. As well I thought it might be anorexia nervosa, but i have no urge to loss weight. Even stranger this typically only takes place during my normal lunch and dinner hours, i  can eat at any other time of the day without this problem.
Im glad to hear that im not alone on this! Although i am very sorry for everyone that has this problem, for i know what it is like first hand. I have been looking for a solution to my problem for a while now and just came across this. I will be very hungry for lunch or dinner and feel absolutly fine. then a little while into my meal i will lose all desire to eat and start to feel sick to the point of throwing up. I have tried fighting the feeling but it almost always ends up in me throwing up. I think this has to do with my stress level as well as my anxiety. I have felt more anxious about pointless things lately and it is starting to scare me. I think i had a "panic attack" once but i cant be sure. This also happens to me while drinking heavy liquids especially alcohol. I think also that this might tie into an irregular eating schedule but it had never had an effect on me before... Any advice?
I have the exact same thing! I'm starving, start to eat, then...never finish anything because I feel so sick..I have other stomach problems as well and I think that stress and anxiety do definately impact it a bit,  but I still feel this way almost everytime I eat something. I havent forced to keep eating because I know i'll throw up. I also have a irregular eating schedule, I eat 2 small meals a day and a few snacks here and  there, or less.  The only thing that seems to help me is when I eat alone, and take a very long time. I think the stress I get from eating isnt helping cuz my parents and most friends, even my boyfriend, all nag at me I 'eat like a bird' and that I'm too thin, but I think I'm healthy(so does my dr), and they try to load more food on my plate,  or make fun of me for only eating small amounts. Not sure what to tell them, cuz they honestly dont believe me when I told them how sick food makes me feel. Hoping to get to the dr's soon...
I've experienced the same problem. I will feel really hungry and in the middle of eating I feel extremely sick and have to stop right that moment. Sometimes it is so bad that I can't look or smell the food and even the thought of it makes me feel sick.

I don't think I have an eating disorder but I wonder what the problem really is.
A related discussion, starving due to the first bite causing severe nausea was started.
A related discussion, Nausea when I eat was started.
I have this problem too... Everytime I eat I feel nauseated and I can't finish my food. At first I feel like I have to much food in my mouth and sometimes I even have to spit it out. This barely started happening and I don't know what's wrong with me. I really want to get help but I'm scared that this is serious issue.. I'm really sure it's a physcological problem because I get it like mostly every time and I don't think it's the food that does it.
A related discussion, why do i feel nausea when i start to eat? was started.