Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Neck Pain, Shoulder Burn, & Shooting Burning Sensation Throughout B...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Neck Pain, Shoulder Burn, & Shooting Burning Sensation Throughout Bicep

About a month and a week ago I felt myself strain the left side of my neck and my left shoulder.  About two weeks after, pains started to shoot down my left arm never reaching the elbow and mainly hugging the bicep.  The pains now feel more like a burning sensation that envelops my bicep, the top of my forearm, and shoulder anytime I tilt my head all the way back or twist it all the way to the left.  Twisting the neck to the right only causes the effect slightly.
     I was exercising when the injury occurred.  I was doing dips when on a push I felt what I could only describe, to the best of my recollection, as if I was forcing one muscle on top of another (I don’t know if that makes any sense).  Being the stubborn fool that I am, I have continued to exercise vigorously thinking that stretches and ice at night would suffice (courtesy of a “walk it off” childhood.)  
     I really do not want to see a doctor.  My insurance is not great and times are tough.  The pain is really starting to worry me because it seems to only worsen as the days go on.  I have recently been laid off and I suffer from manic depression.  Exercise is the only kind of therapy I can afford.  The silver lining is that it works.  It keeps me from going under.  It gives me purpose especially now that I lack the motivation of a paycheck to excavate me out of bed in the mornings.  Any information/feedback provided will be deeply appreciated.
1 Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
“Pains that occur along the top of the shoulder, and radiate into the side of the upper arm into the deltoid muscle, and further down the arm, even into the fingers, may be related to nerve impingement (pinched nerve), which can originate in the neck (cervical spine). The pain can be very intense on any movement of the arm and any pressure along the distribution of the nerve pathway.” An MRI of the cervical spine is needed to confirm the diagnosis. It would also be a good idea to consult a sports medicine specialist if possible.
A chiropractor can also help you out by teaching you exercises that will lift the pressure off the nerves to some extent. At least it will help you buy time until you can get an insurance coverage.
Hope this helps.. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Refer: http://www.arthritis-treatment-and-relief.com/back-pains-below-left-shoulder-blade.html