Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Neck pain (nerve?), painful skin upper left side only without visible r...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Neck pain (nerve?), painful skin upper left side only without visible rash (only red and rough) 4 weeks

4 weeks ago, I woke up with a very stiff neck and headache. The pain is so bad, I often feel sick.
It is painful to touch, almost as if there is a nerve pinch.  When I move my neck to the right my right eye goes blurry and I often get "tiny stars" that look like little fireflies floating around in my eye.
I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago and he had nothing much to say about it, other then he gave me NAPROXIN.  I took the meds for 7 days, and the pain was still present.
Last week the pain was so bad and my eye was bugging me so much I went to the hospital.  The doctor ordered x-rays (no problems found), and CAT scan.  The CAT scan was "normal".  I was sent home after 7 hours with T3's and told to follow up with my family doctor for a MRI.  (Still can't in to see him...)
The pain has subsided a bit, I do use the T3's when it is really bad.  I find it really hard to sleep through the pain, so I take the meds at night.
Finally...Last Sunday I began to develop a VERY painful skin condition.  I thought it was going to develop into shingels, but there are no visible rashes, other then redness of the skin and it feels rough.  The pain is only on the left side of my neck, around the back, on the upper outside of my left arm and left collar bone area.  It does not proceed past my spine (thus, the reason I thought it was going to be shingles.)

HELP...can anyone figure this out.  It was really affecting my life!
I suggest you see a specialist , an internist soon. I have no idea what this is, but I am a patient too and it would drive me nuts. Please get checked out, as there is know way of knowing unless you do. I am sorry I can not be of more help. Have they tried you on the shingles patch even if it is not shingles. It works really well for pain.  
Peace
They have not given me anything for the pain other then the T3's.  Even the thought of putting a bra or top on makes me cringe!

Thanks for the suggestion