Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Need a clue as to what to do next

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Need a clue as to what to do next

Up until Dec 07, I lived a robust life,  Smokeed, Drank, ate whatever.  Then I began to have these symtoms (symptoms) to include Chest Pain, Dizzy, Lightheaded, Numbing on the back of the head, Minor ab Pains, Tired all the time.  At this point in my life (46) I did not even have a primary doc.  I found one he ran blood work and the only thing he could come up with was high Epsten Barr numbers, this was in Jan,advised he would see me again in 30 days. 30 days later same results. But to quite me I have had the following test.  Full cardiac work-up, Colonscopy/Endoscopy (2) C.T. Scans 1-AB and 1-Heart/Chest   2-Chest X-rays, 2-MRI (c-spine and brain) Tons and Tons of blood work, ALL NORMAL.  My issue are still the lightheadedness and minor chest and ab disconfort.  My primary says the EBV numbers are of no further interest and should not be causing my problems.  I have been to a Infectious Disease Doc and 2 Heart Docs, No one can help me.  I need any thought as to what to do next to help my problems.
Tags: ebv, test, Pain, dizzyness, Chest
Are you on any medications that could be causing your symptoms as side effects?
Only Previcide 4 Acid reflux.

How are you?

Previcide can cause abdominal pain, chest pain, diarrhea or constipation in some individuals.

To check out other side effects of this drug please log on to
http://gerd.emedtv.com/prevacid/prevacid-side-effects.html

Stop taking previcide for some days and see if the symptoms persist.

You said that on 2 occasions your Epstein Barr numbers were high in your blood. This is also a cause of concern. Are you having symptoms of fever, sore throat, swollen lymph glands or sudden and rapid weight loss? EBV is associated with various lymphoid and epithelial malignancies, such as Burkitt's lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma; infectious mononucleosis and gastric carcinoma.Pls discuss it with your gastroenterologist.

Moreover these symptoms can be due to gastritis or GERD.Exercise regularly and stop taking fatty food and spices for some time. Also take your dinner atleast 2 hours prior to bedtime. It may help if you are having gastritis.

In your case, it can be due to cigarette smoking also. it can produce heart disease and cancer is now common knowledge. Many are not aware that smoking also may produce chest pain. Smoking increases the heart rate, blood pressure and work load upon the heart. If there is pre-existing coronary artery disease, but with adequate blood flow at rest, the increased work produced by smoking, as well as the increase in concentration of carbon monoxide carried by the blood in place of oxygen, may be enough to produce chest pain.

Please abstain from cigarette smoking as it is injurious to health.
I hope I have provided you with sufficient information. In case you need any more, then pls post us.

Take care and regards.
Sorry forgot to advise but when this all started in Dec I stopped smoking, have not had one since.  My gastro that did the Colon/Endo advised I did have acid reflux and to keep taking the prevacid,  I have been taking it on/off for about 5 years. He also took samples for H. Pylori no problem. His statement was we checked you out pretty well and I see no problems and gave me a rx for some anxeity meds (did not even fill it) On the EBV numbers both my primary and Infectious Disease Doc say the EBV Nuclear Antigen IgG >600.0 (Positive >/=22.0 U/ML) is of no concern.  However this has been the only thing to show up.  Blood work included Hep Panels, HIV, CBC, CD4/8, Liver Panel, Rheum Arthritis,Sedimentation Rate-Wastergren, As far as symtoms (symptoms) no sore throat, no swollen glands, ever once in a while under my left arm node is a little sore, but other that the head and chest/ab issue thats it.  I have a appointment with a ENT doc in Sept. I hope that maybe I can get some help than but do not think so.
Are there any test I may have not had, That may be needed?
That maybe the ENT can help with
do you not think a colonscopy/endoscopy and H. Pylori test would have found the gastro issues you suggest as well as the tons of blood test I have had?

How are you?

Antibody testing for EBV is more complicated. There are three different types of EBV assays offered at commercial laboratories. These antigens are the viral capsid antigen (VCA), the early antigen (EA), and the EBV nuclear antigen (EBNA). In addition, differentiation of immunoglobulin G and M subclasses to the VCA can often be helpful for confirmation. The optimal combination of EBV serologic testing consists of the antibody titers to all four markers: IgM and IgG to the VCA, antibody to the EA.

Not all labs use the same metric for testing of EBV.Some use an IFA method and some use ELISA method. The best way to interpret the results from your laboratory is to ask your doctor to find out median and range values at the laboratory for controls or blood donors. If your result is in the top quartile you are more likely to have an infection, but there is not way to know for certain. Patients who are immunosuppressed and have a low IgG may show up with low antibody levels in spite of active disease. Similarly, some patients with very high IgG may have high EBV and HHV-6 antibody levels that do not indicate active disease.

http://www.vicd.info/testing.html

Pls take a second opinion from an infectious diseases specialist and see what he has to say.

Take care and God bless.
Thanks for all your help,  I have seen a Infectious Disease Doc that did run some more blood work, Looked at my EBV results that I included above and stated there was nothing she could do.  Live in a small town and there are no other Doc of this discipline.  What are the treatment options for the above.
just looking 4 a way to knock this thing out and a doc that can help me.

How are you?

As I have told you earlier EBV is associated with various lymphoid and epithelial malignancies, such as Burkitt's lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma; infectious mononucleosis and gastric carcinoma.

Burkitt's lymphoma is a type of blood cancer. It is a type of disease known as non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and affects lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell), which are found in the blood and in lymph glands. In Africa, Burkitt's lymphoma is often found in the jaw where it causes lumps in the cheek and loosening of teeth. In the UK, Burkitt's lymphoma is often found in the abdomen (tummy) where it causes swelling and discomfort. Causes of burkitt’s includes EBV. However this virus is very common and most adults have been infected with it, so it cannot be responsible for Burkitt's lymphoma on its own. Another possible factor is infection with the AIDS virus (human immunodeficiency virus - HIV).

Diagnosis can be done by blood or urine tests or tumor biopsy or lumbar puncture. Treatment includes combination chemotherapy.

When a person is infected by EBV, it causes Infectious mononucleosis in 35-50% of cases. The virus remains inactive for most part of the life and it may activate suddenly causing increased tiredness, aching muscles or swollen neck glands. There is no specific treatment for infectious mononucleosis other than treating the symptoms.

For more information pls log on to http://www.medicinenet.com/infectious_mononucleosis/page3.htm

Pls consult an oncologist /infectious disease specialist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment.

Take care and regards.

Wouls not all the blood test I have had not shown this?
Blood testing ??
Thanks for all the advice, I can only hope all the testing that I have already had would have caught any of the problems you have listed.
Started Jernigans Natural Anti-Tox,  Anyone had any experiance with this
Anyone have any dealings with Dr, Jernigans protocol for EBV