Needle Shot, blood pooling under skin, arm turning purple!!
Hi, i need an answer quickly as i am in a place with very little professional doctors. I went to have a blood test and got the needle and everything was fine but 10 mins later my arm swelled to 2x the normal size and i almost fainted. I turned blue and was rushed back to the medical centre, they did nothing gave me some antibiotics and sent me home. 2 days later my arm was all red and purple so i went and saw a private doctor, he told me that they used a blunt needle and tore my vein and blood was leaking under my skin, he gave me cream to absorb the blood and antibiotics. My arm currently 3 days later is getting worse and is really painful, i am fearing the worse. I live in south africa and there isnt much medical help around here. here is a picture of my arm

5 days: http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1540537/0/nouser_1540/T0_-1_1540537.jpg

please take a look and advise me what to do immediatly as this is urgent.

thank you.
hey thanks for the reply, i read the page and it doesnt really give much information on a cure... Its been 5 days and it seems to be getting worse.

I have had blood tests before and takin a needle many times and had no problems.

I will do some more research on this symptom though, thanks.

I had a nurse poke through both sides of a vein once for a blood test. I got a very big, very painful bruise that went all the way around my arm. It got worse over the course of a week. After that it very slowly got better. It took about a month to completely disappear.