Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Neon Green Urine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Neon Green Urine?

Ok, so this is really weird.  A couple of days ago, I noticed that my urine is neon green for some reason.  Then, in the past day or so, my bowel movements have been mixed with the dark, normal color, and this really light-colored stuff - almost half and half at the same time.  What could be causing this?
Have you started any new medications?  Are you taking vitamin B supplements?  Are you eating a lot of asparagus or drinking excessive amounts of gatorade?  All of these items can cause green colored urine.
Doesn't sound like it's from any medications I'm taking.  My lower abdomen hurts sooo bad.
Sounds like food colouring or medication.  Iron pills? Multi vitamin?
What does your doctor say about it?
sounds like you have some sort of infection, I would see the doctor asap.
Green bowel movements and threw up green.  I recently was constipated and took milk of magnesia and a bowel softner.  I have GERD normally and tend to be gassy.  All of a sudden I was not feeling well with a pain right below belly button.  I was constipated but could not pass gas and the acid reflux was getting worse.  I took antacids which did not help.  I got very weak, shakey (shaky), and within an hour threw up very green stuff color of grass.  I had not eaten anything green in over 24 hours.  I then proceeded to get very ill, fever, totally weak, could not move without throwing up though green did go away.
Eventually I had a small bowel movement with green color, followed by a relieving passing of gas.  I ran a fever a was weak for about 48 hours, then proceded to feel normal.  The sickness that produced green bile/stomach content/bowel movement came on very sudden (within 1-2 hours) from feeling good to feeling like I was dying.
Could a bacteria infection cause the green?  Could it happen that fast.
Has anyone else experience green after stomach ache and constipation?  Also, the urine I passed was greenish at the time.
i read u can pass bile thru urine due to fistulas
Okay what a relief there is actually other people peeing green!!!! Thank God I am not turning alien..LOL...On a serious note, last February I was hospitalized after having the flu, and I woke up with a very swollen abdomen.  It was as my doctor put it "IMPRESSIVE" after 8 days of  probing and not enjoying one probe at all I finally convinced the doctors to let me go.  Of course there were outpatient test also.  Then in June I was admitted for having no bowel movement for 15 days.  Yea, PAINFUL!!! Anyways, I still have problems with my bm's but last night I went to the restroom and I pee'd neon green.  Yea, my eyes bugged and I had to get my husband in there just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.  Yes it was neon green.  It was the only time I had pee'd neon green.  Of course I called the doctor and asked if I should get in and they want to see me first thing in the morning.  I asked if this is something I should sit up and worry about and they of course was not commenting either way.  I have not taken any vitamins, eaten any aspargus (but I do like aspargus) nor have I had any gatorade.  Could someone out there please just let me know what I could be looking at?  Thank you and God Bless
Sometimes I pee  neon green color.  This morning I threw up some horrible tasting neon green bile, its happened a few times before.  Im usually in the eating disorders community but anyways, it usually happens after a bad day of not really eating and if the last thing i have eaten was green...like say spinach or sugar snap peas..i dont think its anything horrible....i also thought that maybe it could be toxins
Iron supplements cause neon green urine. It may take a few months for it to no longer come out that colour after you stop taking the iron...if you choose to stop, that is..
A related discussion, Neon Green Urine was started.
A related discussion, Tardive Dyskinesia was started.