Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nerve damage in fingertip

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nerve damage in fingertip

A few weeks ago my finger got smashed in a door at work and ive come to the conclusion that i damaged my nerve in my finger. It is my right hand pointer finger so i use this finger all the time, im trying not to as much as possible because it starts to hurt a lot and by the time i get to work that finger is in alot of pain. Is there anything i can do so it doesnt hurt so much??
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Get an X-ray done to look for fractures, tape the finger with the adjoining one to give this rest, use an anti inflammatory drug in prescribed dose and see a doctor. Take care!

well...it is not my speciality..but we can say..that damaged perephiral nerves usually heal within weeks to monthes according to the length....
except if the dammaged nerve have made neuroma which is a painful swelling

u will have to be examined to get as answer
however  u should start a coarse of vitamine B complex IM injection...it will improve the pain by the recent studies,...but will not remove it at all
...