Neurological disease?
Hey guys,

I posted this in the Multiple sclerosis forum but was advised to post elsewhere too.

I have never really had any real medical problems, so this is really scaring me. It started with muscle spasms a little over a month and a half ago. Then one morning I woke up with a wrist that hurt bad when i moved it back or forward. That lasted about a week and a half and within that time I had developed a tingling sensation in my fingers and has spread to my whole left hand. Over time my whole left arm began to feel slightly weak. The next symptom was my fingertips turning red and skin on the fingertips having very small bubbles in them which sooner or later peels. This occurred on both of my hands this time, not just the left.  As i type this there is a slight pain in my left wrist. Lastly, I have recently developed small red dots on the underside of my left hand. Again, I am scared for my life and will defiantly see a doctor as soon as possible, would just like to have an idea of what to expect first. Thank you so much!!!
Rheumatolgist or Neurologist should do.

if the rash is related with the rest and not coincidental it should be from an autoimmune disorder or an infection. secondary Syphilis for example can give rash in hands and Neuropathy.

before you go to a specialist ask your doctor to prescribe Complete Blood Count, esr, liver and renal function.

if the specialist will recognize the rash he'll know what to do in any case there are many blood tests related with your symptoms, Complements System, CPK, antibodies for some autoimmune diseases like Lupus, Scleroderma etc.

MRI brain/spine

if there's severe weakness in the arm EMG

another less common and invasive test is Lumbar Puncture.

there's a possibility that all tests will turn out negative which is good on one side but will leave you hanging on the other side.

your symptoms are not necessarily the early manifestation of a chronic disease, it could be something temporary that will resolve within months or years.

If you are going to get checked out for infections, be sure to also get tested for Lyme Disease, Bartonella (b.henselae), and possibly Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.  Lyme and Bartonella can start gradually, without an acute onset of flu like symptoms.  

Some Lyme patients have described a similar rash, but some Lyme treating doctors think the rash might actually be from Bartonella, which is carried by ticks and over a dozen other insects, not to mention cats & dogs.  All three of these infections can also cause neurological symptoms.

Be sure to emphasize the tingling and weakness that preceeded it, so the doctor doesn't just focus on the rash.  If it were just an allergy or dermatitis, I don't think you would have experienced tingling & weakness.
This doesn't sound like MS, but only a doctor can know for sure. If you are getting irritations that blister/ peel then you should go to doctor ASAP!