Never seen before black insect bite with hole in center
Noticed a raised, black in color, " insect looking bite" on top of my foot yesterday evening. It has a hole in the center, it doesn't itch & only hurts a little when I push on it. Just a little concerned because I haven't ever seen anything even simlilar. Any ideas?
Please have this looked at by a doctor as soon as possible. It's not normal for an insect bite to be black in color. Also do not pop things like that as you don't know what has caused it and you could actually do more harm as it opens you up to infections, etc. please contact your doctor.
Thanks for your comment, you definately backed up my dad's opinion!
You're welcome. Please keep me posted.
On 9/5/13 I noticed a raised, black in color, " insect looking bite" on top of my foot yesterday evening. It has a hole in the center, it doesn't itch & only hurts a little when I push on it. Just a little concerned because I haven't ever seen anything even simlilar. By the evening of 9/6 I had a lot of pain in my foot (bones hurting). Arrived to ER 9/7/13 at 8 a.m then noticed red webbed looking rash from toes to ankles & my toes were bruising on both feet. They ran my blood work & I was admitted to the hospital because my blood platelet count was very low (32,000, normal is 150,000 or greater.) I was visited by several doctors that are still uncertain of my diagnosis. The doctors treated me like I had a tick borne illness until more lab tests come back & they say they still may not have a diagnosis!?! I haven't had a tick bite since I was a child. They put me on antibiotics which increased my platelets to 70,000 so they discharged me 9/9. I'm still taking antibiotics, only having pain where the one bigger spot is and around it. I also have 3 of these blackish "bite looking" spots in a triangular shape on my foot...Does anyone have any ideas?
Sounds like a brown spider bite.  Also known as the Brown Recluse.  It causes the skin to die - necrosis.  See a doctor because it can become infected and it can cause a crater in your skin.