Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
New Lump Upper Left Arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

New Lump Upper Left Arm

Today I found a lump on my upper outside left arm. Right at the top outside of bicep area. The lump itself doesn't hurt, the muscle around it is a little sore. It is not sore to the touch. I haven't been to see anyone yet, it is the weekend.

It is over an inch long (horizontal) almost an inch high and protrudes almost to the point you can see it visually outside the arm.

I have had no injury there at all.
I am looking for suggestions.

We currently do not have medical insurance so going for a bunch of tests is not something we can afford right now. I don't know what to do...
Tags: upper, lump, left, arm
Well... it "could" be a fatty deposit. Doesn't sound like it's in a place where you would have a swollen lymph node.

Is it hot to touch or any redness or swelling?  You could go to primary care physician and have him look at it and see what he has to say.
It doesn't hurt but the muscle around it is a bit sore. No redness, no swelling, nothing showing on the outside. Maybe a bit warm...but not much if it is at this point.
I am hoping to get some more ideas on this.

I am 36 years old and in the last couple of years I have acquired multiple aches and pains in joints etc, but chalked it up to getting older and a one other thing.

My other problems didn't start until I had a scare in 2005 with knots in my neck that turned out to be my lymphnodes. They protruded to the point that they were very noticable to others.

It spread to all my lymphnodes and I was tested for all kinds of things. They just kept saying they didn't know why it was doing that only that they hoped I would get better and whatever it was would run it's course and they put me on antibiotics as a precautionary. (mind you I am alergic (allergic) to sulfa and penicillin). All tests for everything from mono to strep etc...came back negative.

My concern is that my problems from then on have something to do with this...that it was a warning that something else was going on and it was missed.

I had insurance then..now we have none.

The area around it definately have some soreness off and on but there is nothing on the surface that would explain it. The size of it is bothersome to me as well. Am I worrying for nothing?
update:

Today I found a second lump ... This one is in my right breast.
Well, I found a program where I could go and get checked out. I had an appointment today and they are sending me for a mammogram. My appointment is in two weeks.