New indentation in my shin where a bruise used to be.
I was just lotioning my legs and noticed a new indentation in my left shin where a bruise used to be. Is this normal? I have tons of bruises on my shins because I have three little kids, so everything is shin height and I am always banging my legs, but this indent is new. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is noticeable. I do not have a matching dent in my right leg.
Reading your post was like deja vu 20yrs ago. I had also injured my shin. Time passed and I noticed a tablespoon size depression in my lower leg. It didn't hurt to touch, no discoloration, but I did notice that if I walked the pavement for a couple hrs I would get pain at that level of the leg that would feel like it was distributed evenly all around the leg like a thin rubber band. I did some research and learned a stress fracture can cause this. Years later I was told that it was actually ankle edema but I've never believed that-too high and no edema back at that age.
i noticed indentations along the shin of my right leg, i have goten them easily of course from leaning against something and they always go away eventually, these have not yet, i recently stopped track, i had had bad shin splints.....the indentations to not hurt.