Night Sweats & Passing Out
Hi, my name is Joe. About six months ago I went to the doctor about sweating at night an frequent trips to the restroom to urinate. He done CBC and found nothing alarming, so I ignored it. The frequent urination never happened during the night and has since stopped. So I think it might not have anything to do with my condition. I still experience night sweats about 3 to 5 time a week. Now on to the passing out episode I recently had. I was getting out of bed first thing in the morning when I suddenly fainted in the hallway. I must have woke right up because by the time my girlfriend heard me fall I was awake and alert. I remember everything that happened. Then just a few minutes later I passes out in the kitchen for a minute or two. Once I woke from this episode I felt normal. I went to the hospital and they ran all kinds of tests, such as a CT scan, MRI, EKG, Echo cardiogram, Tilt Table Test, and Stress Test. They diagnosed me with vasovagal syncope, due to postural hypotension. Which is sudden low blood pressure when standing up. They never said if the night sweats are a symptom of this diagnosis or not. I have tried to research some causes of night sweats and passing out together. The one thing I found is POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). POTS is a autonomic disorder that has to do with rapid heart rate while standing up and low blood pressure while standing up. The doctor never told me about this I found it on my own. If anyone can think of what is causing my night sweats and passing out, or if you have experienced the same thing I would greatly appreciate your help.

hiv infection would cause night sweats
Thanks, for the suggestion, but I doubt it is HIV. I have only been with one person my entire life and I have been with her since we were in the 8th grade.