Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Night Sweats
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Night Sweats

Hi.  Could someone please help me.  A couple of months ago, I started having night sweats.  Each night I would wake up around 3p.m. and be sweating around my neck, face, breast and chest area and be extremely hot.  I did take my temperature at this time and it was normal.  Saw the Dr who gave me a blood test.  All was normal except that I had iron deficiency anemia.  Prescribed iron tablets.  Follow up bloods came back normal with anemia going away and iron had risen to normal.  Night sweats had also stopped. Fast forward a couple of months, and I have started having night sweats again.  Not every night.  Sometimes a couple of nights in a row, then nothing for a few nights and then again.  I have continued taking iron tablets.  I am worrying myself sick as when I google night sweats, lymphoma comes up.  Could that be it?  Or is it normal for this to happen.  I am 43 years old. The only  other thing these last couple of weeks I have had tightness in chest and neck area but my upper back is very tense and I have been seeing a chiropractor for this - which has slowly been getting better.  Please help, I'm freaking out a little.  Thanking you. Deni