Night time chills, nausea and diarrhea
So for the past three years I have been experiencing "spells" of cold chills with a combination of nausea and diarrhea.  These symptoms only happen once I have laid down for bed and last from 40 minutes to 3 hours. The chills are the worst part-and shake my whole body. They seem to happen before my menstrual period (if that makes a difference) and appear about once every other month to once every three months.  I am so confused at what can be causing them. I don't know if it is a food allergy, or hormone related, or anxiety related. I keep thinking it will be the last and is nothing but it is the exact same symptoms every episode- which make me tired all the next day. Help!

Your symptoms are suggestive of premenstrual symptoms due to the response of the body to the hormone fluctuations.Although premenstrual symptoms mainly include abdominal cramps,breast tenderness ,headache and fatigue,but it should be remembered that over 200 premenstrual symptoms have been identified,some of them which you are facing.

I sincerely advise you to consult a gynecologist and discuss your symptoms with her.If premenstrual symptoms are ruled out,then other possibilities can be anxiety and panic atteacks,hypoglycemic attacks and hyperhydrosis(excessive sweating).Hypothyroidism can also present with such symptoms,the only difference being that constipation instead of diarrhea is there.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Thanks- however I really don't think it has to do with premenstrual symptoms but who knows! I just wish I could figure it out before another episode happens. The strangest part is that it only happens around 11:00-12:00 p.m. never in the day time. Very strange
A related discussion, chills,upset stomach, diarehha at night was started.
A related discussion, Nightime Nausea, Diarrhea shakes, and sweats was started.