Night time eating.
I have a strongly beating heart and racing thoughts and I have to eat to get to sleep at night.  Eating makes my heart beat less strongly snd my mind stops racing.  I then fall asleep.

Every couple of hours, I wake with the same thing happening a strongly beating heart and racing thoughts, and again, in order to get back to sleep, I have to eat something as it, again, makes my heart beat more gently, and my mind stops racing.

This  happens continuously through the night.  It is not a blood sugar issue as I have had a fasting glucose test and I never get hypo symptoms i.e. sweating, shaking etc.

I have tested negative for lupus and other autoimmune disorders.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
how old are you if you are 40+ you could be goin through the changes menapaus the gives sleepless nights sweats and even shakin get tested for this if you are
Thanks cazza54 but I don't qualify for this as I'm male!
sorry for that mistake do you take beatterblocks they slow your heart down and if you smoke this can make it go faster at night if concern revisit docs for second opinion