No One Has Any Idea...
I've had terrible symptoms of what my doctor claims to be anxiety for over a year, that include chest pains, shortness of breath every day, nausea, palpitations, seeing heartbeat in my eyes, neck throbbing and pain, cold feeling in my heart, weakness/EXTREME fatigue (feeling like my body's just going to shut down) and overall a constant, nervous-sick feeling right over where my heart is...it feels like it's dying... I've had an echocardiogram stress test and a CT scan of the heart done and the docs (2 different cardiologists) say nothing appears to be wrong.
I have been treating it for anxiety, which include lots of exercise, better diet, relaxing activities (yoga or stretching) and I've tried:
-propranolol (made me feel like i was going into heart failure),
-paxil (made symptoms worse, including severe jaw clenching)
-buspar (no change besides disturbing thoughts and dreams)
-various natural supplements
-xanax (only took when symptoms were abnormally severe, and worked; made me feel normal, which is VERY rare)
- I want to TRY gabapentin, because I'm hoping it's a neurological problem...but I'm scared because I usually have bad reactions to meds.

For the record I have also had a brain MRI and CT angiogram of my head which also seem normal.
Got my thyroid checked out and did some other blood tests a while back when I first started having symptoms, which also were all normal.

I want to believe it is a problem with my nervous system, as I also get dizzy and disorientated easily, and my eyes ache sometimes and I get spotty vision...I abused a LOT of drugs when I was a teenager, and I even had a couple of close calls (overdosing) on amphetamines... I also smoked a lot of what is called "spice" (a synthetic drug that was later found out to be quite dangerous)...
but right now I'm really afraid it's my heart, because I feel it right there!
Any advice?? I feel like I don't know where to turn...
I take paxil, and they help me and ativan on a rare occasion. Anxiety is not a nice thing to go through. I have had it a long time but seems to have gotten a lot better since I quit drinking. If you do drink, stop and any drugs you may take including antihistamines. Its all going to affect you. Now that I am clean and sober I can relate better to what is bothering me and cope better. Clenching jaw is a sympton of anxiety also. Don't stress, you won't die from anxiety. Chest pains is muscle tension. Read on panic attacks, and anxiety symptons. Do things you enjoy doing. I love the outdoors and reading, gardening. Relax, and try not to worry. Have fun and stay positive.
thanks for your comment. I have been sober since these symptoms came on (over a year now). it's been really hard but today I really had a realization that has helped me more than anything. I think it'll all work out ok!
Hi, sharetty:
It is a panic attack. all your symptoms are exaperienced by me a year ago. I did all the heart and other tests but diagnosed no illness. I revommend you to change your thoughts and refrain from thinking too much about your symptoms. I know these attacks of anxiety and panic are a real suffering. Try to consult a psychatrist if possible. Keep yourself busy and try to overcome these symptoms by your will power. I tried it and controlled it by my self efforts.wish u a good health. Rakhshinda.