Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
No feeling in feet
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No feeling in feet

My husband has no feeling (complete numbness)permanently in his feet. He has been for various medical examinations (eg. diabetes, nerve tests, etc).  No explanations are given.  He has cut his feet on several occasions and not felt anything!  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Related Discussions
6 Comments
Blank
its not that uncommon to not know the cause of neuropathy. could be due to diabetes, viral infection, spontaneous, or a variety of other things. my grandma is going through the same thing right now, she's just suddenly lost feeling in both of her feet for no apparent reason.
Blank
i have mild numbness in my feet, I think I have Ms and just had a lumbar puncture to find out.
Blank
Thanks for your responses.  He now has 2 sores under his feet that he was not aware of and does not know how they started.
Blank
I also can not feel my feet and the neuropathy is coming up my legs and now just below the knees.  My hands have also become effected in the last year.

I test different vitamins and herbs to find something that can stop or slow the neuropathy.  I have had this developing for the last 10 years so I guess I might have been doing something right.

Without going through all of my testing right now I have three things that seem to help  b-12 shots, I give myself, carnitine, and valarian root.

Find whatever supports the nervious system and take it.  Good luck
Blank
I have had a pr oblem for a few months now, I cant even remember when this started, but my feet, and legs seem to go all tingly as well, and numbish,,,sometimes it feels wierd, I cant even explain it, but I went to the doc yesterday, he scratched my foot with something on the bottom, and sure i felt a bit, but not much, my legs swell terribley, and i get bruises for no apparent reason, if i actually do bruise from something I sure wish i remembered doing it, the doc is sending me for tests in the next 2 weeks, and put me off work, I dont understand what I am not feeling, or am feeling, and my hands swell up as well, my left hand is very swollen at times, with dryness, gosh! what to do!
Blank
A related discussion, no sensitivity in front sol off feet was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank