No one has been able to diagnose me
I started experiencing bilateral monocular diplopia seven weeks ago.  I went to the Er and got a CT.  it was normal.  I went to the ophthalmologist, and he said my eyes are perfect.  I went to a neurologist and got 4 MRIs (with and without contrast of neck and brain) and a VEP.  they were all normal.  but the fact remains that I still can't see.  
basically even if i cover one eye, either eye, I still see double.  not even like a ghost image, but clearly two images overlappingat a slight skew to the right.   last year I was also bedridden for three months with sciatica which I thought was due to my rotated atlas.  My atlas has been getting put back into place lately though so I doubt it's out of place.  But no one can explain my symptoms and don't know what's going on.  Besides, the diplopia is giving me seriously bad headaches.
Also lately I have been getting brief dark or light spots in my vision.
As you have had all the tests done by a neurologist and the ophthalmologist, it may be worth you seeing your doctor and having a blood test to check your thyroid levels.

Did the ophthalmologist mention anything about astigmatism to you?

Brief dark or light spots in the vision can be floaters.

Another reason for seeing dark or light spots can be due to anaemia, so your doctor will be check that out through a blood test.

If you are concentrating and working at the computer for too long and not getting enough sleep and resting your eyes, this can disturb vision.

Drinking too much alcohol or some medications can cause visual disturbances.

Hope your double vision settles soon.

Best wishes.

Thanks for responding. I would think the ophthalmologist would have found an astigmatism. She didn't mention it.

I'm going to (I think) get a bunch of blood work done soon. I am seeing another neurologist for a second opinion on fri.

It's frustrating cause it's not an off and on thing... It's constant. So even when I sleep a bunch and am not on the comp for a long time it still is double.

I wasn't taking any medications and hasn't had a drink in a couple weeks when this started. :/

Thanks again for your response!
May be you should also get a second opinion from a different ophthalmologist too.

Hope they find out what is causing this so that you can get sorted out soon.

Best wishes.
Yeah that's a good idea. I tried to schedule with a different dr at the same office but they wouldn't let me. We don't have any other ophthalmologists where I live but I might be missing someone :)