No period for a year, and now suddenly regular?
I'm a 22 y/o female with some strange menstrual issues. Last year the only time I got a period was September 10th through the 16th, 2010. Before that I hadn't had periods for about 5 months. This year, 2011, I had a period at the end of April, skipped may, had a period in June, and the beginning and end of July. It seems like the cycles are about 20 days apart, lasting about 5 days each.

Now, I could attribute this to stress, but I'm under no more stress than normal. I also haven't lost or gained any significant amount of weight. I did go to the hospital and gyno the in 09' for severe pelvic pain. This pain still comes occasionally. The doctor said she believed it to be ovulation pain, but I had it at times when I didn't have a period at all for months. The pain feels as if something is stabbing me in the ovaries. An ultrasound didn't show any abnormalities or an irregular amount of cysts.

I've been in a monogamous relationship for about a year now, and we've always used condoms. The last time I had a pelvic exam they did say there were abnormal cells which were lasered off. I have a family history of cervical cancer, so I'm really praying these irregularities don't have to do with that. Other than the abnormal cells, I am STD and STI free.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't have insurance at the moment, but my grandparents did say they would pay for me to see a gyno in the near future.
hi I m sorry you aren't feeling well I do think that a lot women suffer from cervical cancer but i don't believe they are life threatening. Malignant cells would have been detected in the Gyno visit. Perhaps you have a benign cyst on your ovary which can be quite painful. My mother has them but they are harmless. Your irregular periods probably are the indication that you might be suffering from this. I believe that you are in good health due to your exams and there is nothing to worry about. God will not abandon you I hope that eases your tension. God bless you Be Praying For YOU