Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
No period for a year, and now suddenly regular?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

No period for a year, and now suddenly regular?

I'm a 22 y/o female with some strange menstrual issues. Last year the only time I got a period was September 10th through the 16th, 2010. Before that I hadn't had periods for about 5 months. This year, 2011, I had a period at the end of April, skipped may, had a period in June, and the beginning and end of July. It seems like the cycles are about 20 days apart, lasting about 5 days each.

Now, I could attribute this to stress, but I'm under no more stress than normal. I also haven't lost or gained any significant amount of weight. I did go to the hospital and gyno the in 09' for severe pelvic pain. This pain still comes occasionally. The doctor said she believed it to be ovulation pain, but I had it at times when I didn't have a period at all for months. The pain feels as if something is stabbing me in the ovaries. An ultrasound didn't show any abnormalities or an irregular amount of cysts.

I've been in a monogamous relationship for about a year now, and we've always used condoms. The last time I had a pelvic exam they did say there were abnormal cells which were lasered off. I have a family history of cervical cancer, so I'm really praying these irregularities don't have to do with that. Other than the abnormal cells, I am STD and STI free.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't have insurance at the moment, but my grandparents did say they would pay for me to see a gyno in the near future.