No puss blisters and no "pain", just itching--Shingles?
I was diagnosed with shingles today, but am not sure that it is the correct diagnosis.  I have tiny bumps/pimples on my chest , shoulders, and upper back.  They are not regulated totally to one side but are predominately on the right side.  They do not have, nor have they had pus in them.  I have scratched them raw and created welps.  The bumps were also along my hairline, jaw, and behind my right ear.  The skin along my hairline has peeled but is not red or raised.  My jawline and behind my ear are rough but not red.

I itch, but have not had "pain" as has been described by others with shingles.  

I noticed the itching began after I took a preworkout drink that had 25 mg of Niacin in it.  I have d/c'd all my vitamins and the workout drink to see if that would get rid of the rash.  It has helped but not cured the itch.

Should I go ahead and take the prescribed meds for the shingles or get a second opinion.  I am a 48 yo healthy active female.
u might have a staph infection
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.