Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Nodules In Bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Nodules In Bladder

Having bladder issues with pain in lower front area with a throbbing pain. Also couldn't control urinating on myelf. Dr saw blood in urine. I thought it might be a stone & my doctor  thought it could be, but ct scan showed no stone. 1 month later it started again & doctor saw blood in urine again. So she upped my Cipro some & gave me VESIcare for 2 weeks & told me to take all of medications, then call back to get some labs do. I smoke so she said that smoking can cause bladder cancer and she mentioned nodules in bladder that we would rule all of those out! Is there any advice you can give me that might help? Can you have nodules & not have cancer? Anything extra that I should watch out for? Also I have had a partial hysterectomy 13 years ago!Oh and doctor, yes she gave me a presciption for Chantix also!
Did Dr. do a scope and check for nodules? Dr. also needs to do a culture of the urine and check to see that the Cipro is the correct antibiotic. I would try Cranberry Juice and no caffeine at all. You can also try Azo-Standard(OTC) or Peridium. It will turn the Urine bright orange, but you will have bladder control. It will stain underwear, so wear panty liners. It makes me nauseated if I don't eat with it. It could be a kidney stone stuck in the ureter too. You need a full CT of kindeys and bladder. Are you still in pain? They can do a blood draw and see if you have the Cancer antibody in your blood. You have to advocate for yourself. Be a pill to get your doctor on the ball if necessary. This isn't normal!!!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Chronic infection, Interstitial cystitis, stone in urinary system and UTI can all cause blood in urine. In women it can also be endometriosis of the urinary bladder. I am sorry to say but polyps or nodules in urinary bladder are taken to be cancerous unless proved otherwise by a biopsy. You may or may not need further tests like urethroscopy, cystoscopy, IVP etc.
Please discuss this with an urologist and consult your gynecologist to rule out endometriosis. Hope this helps. Take care!