Non responding fever
My wife has constant fever which is not reponding to antibiotics and all her reports show normal including TB tests urine tests gynecological tests.The fever comes with chills and remains for whole night and in the morning it comes down to normal too. She moans when the fever starts.She has chronic cough too.The range of fever is from 98.4 to 100.7 or some times 2 degrees F.What can be wrong? She does not have taste in the mouth
It may just be a virus. Antibiotics don't work on viruses. How long has she had this? Does she have a dry cough and are there any night sweats.
could be environmental allergies , ask she is given a Heavy Metal toxicty test
Have her immune markers been checked? These were the first symptoms I developed when my auto immune disorder started acting up.There could be something she is allergic to in the bedroom or depending on her age it could be the beginning of menopause.  She may also wanna be checked for hep c, it's not a typical test and you have to ask for it specifically.
She had this for about 6 months and now she has started recoverring i suppose as the fever range has come down. I myself treated her with acupuncture considerring she has chronic sinusitis. Let us see how it goes
OK she does not have dry cough and night sweays. Now she is recovering with acupuncture immunity enhancing treatment. Thanks for the reply
We will test heavy metal toxicity if required.Chronic sinusitis and Immune deficiency may be the cause as she has started improving with acupuncture
That is great that she is improving. It could have been Mycoplasma or Chlamydia pneumoniae. Those "walking pneumonia" have a low grade fever and a cough and last for months. In which case certain antibiotics do help. They won't show up on regular culture. She would have had to ask for these or they can do molecular tests to see. They are eventually self limiiting so I hope either way she gets well soon.
mkh9