Nonspecific symptoms, negative labs...any ideas?
Three weeks ago I started running a low grade temp, had body aches, and was extremely tired. I went to the doctor on a Monday thinking I possible had the flu. Flu was negative, but we both thought it was probably some other virus. For two more days, the low grade temp (highest was 99.6), achiness, and fatigue continued. My temp went away, but the pain has continued. The pain is mostly in my joints, but I have had some random areas that have hurt to touch. (like they would if bruised) There have also been some muscle pains. I have had pain in my neck, shoulders, elbows, hands, upper and lower back, hips, and knees. One day the it'll be mostly my arms and neck, the next couple days my hips and knees will be killing me. I'm also not sleeping well. I went back to the doctor the following Monday. I was tested for Lyme disease and West Nile, and an arthritis panel and CBC were done. I was prescribed a three week round of doxycycline because the symptoms seemed to point to Lyme and I had a tick about a month prior. I was also prescribed Ultram for the pain. The lab results all came back negative. I'm continuing the doxy just in case, though. After another week and a half, I called to get a refill on the Ultram and discuss checking thyroid function. I went in day before yesterday, and labs were drawn to check thyroid function, CPK, and for mono. All negative. The Ultram is taking my pain level down to just a minor annoyance, but I'm exhausted all the time and I feel really frustrated! If anyone has any ideas or advice, I'd love some input!

The specific labs I've already had done are:

CBC - RBC and Hgb were like 0.1 lower than the normal range, but everything else was perfectly normal.

C-reactive protein - normal

Sed rate - normal

rheumatoid factor - normal

ANA - normal

uric acid - normal

Lyme - negative (not sure what test they ran - assuming ELISA)

West Nile - negative

mono - negative

TSH - normal

free T4 - normal

CPK - normal

How are you?
Please discuss the possibility of fibromyalgia with your doctor. Fibromyalgia is characterized by generalized aches and pains, nerve pains, fatigue and muscle spasms.
It is a non progressive disorder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibromyalgia
Take care!