Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Normal for the Labia Majora to be Darker?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm a 19 year old female, so the rest of my skin is a light to medium beige color. But my Labia Majora is significantly darker than a light beige. It's like a really dark brown. I've asked my mom and what not about it and she said it was normal, especially because I shave my pubic area. I just want to check if it is and if there is a way I can lighten it a bit? I mean, I don't get a rash and I don't have itching, it's just darker.  I hate the fact that it's so dark and it makes me very embarrassed, it's the main reason I'm not sexually active.

I don't have medical insurance and I cannot afford to go see a dermatologist otherwise I would. I just want to know if it is caused my friction if there is anything I could do to lessen the friction?
1 Comment
Well it sounds to me, you might just have a birth mark. But if not a birth mark, some skins tends to darken within time of not being exposed to light very often; pubic area, armpits, rectum. Some of my lady friends have had similar situations, and they ended up mere birth marks or very sheltered from the sunlight.

Best regards.