Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Normal for the Labia Majora to be Darker?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm a 19 year old female, so the rest of my skin is a light to medium beige color. But my Labia Majora is significantly darker than a light beige. It's like a really dark brown. I've asked my mom and what not about it and she said it was normal, especially because I shave my pubic area. I just want to check if it is and if there is a way I can lighten it a bit? I mean, I don't get a rash and I don't have itching, it's just darker.  I hate the fact that it's so dark and it makes me very embarrassed, it's the main reason I'm not sexually active.

I don't have medical insurance and I cannot afford to go see a dermatologist otherwise I would. I just want to know if it is caused my friction if there is anything I could do to lessen the friction?
1 Comment
Well it sounds to me, you might just have a birth mark. But if not a birth mark, some skins tends to darken within time of not being exposed to light very often; pubic area, armpits, rectum. Some of my lady friends have had similar situations, and they ended up mere birth marks or very sheltered from the sunlight.

Best regards.