Numb Feet After Walking
I walk 3-4 miles every day. After walking one to two miles both my feet become numb. If I sit for 1-2 minutes the numbness goes away and I can resume walking. There is no pain. My shoes are not too tight and I have had a number of medical tests. My stationary blood pressure was very good for my age. I have also had a stress test and my blood flow and recovery was also good for my age. What might cause this numbness and if follow-up work is necessary what type of doctor would be best to evaluate/treat my problem.

I know such a problem can be really exasperating for someone who appears to love walking.
Numbness in both feet with exercise (walking in your case) that is relieved by rest could be due to pressure on the nerves emerging out of your vertebral column in lower back or due to a local cause in the feet.  It could also be caused by poor circulation to the feet.  Discuss your symptoms with your doctor, preferably a neurologist who is a specialist in evaluating nerve disorders.

Numbness could also be due to diabetes, so get your blood sugar tested both fasting and after food. You could discuss this with your physician.

Another reason could be “Exercise-induced compartment syndrome, also called exertional compartment syndrome and chronic compartment syndrome, is a condition that causes pain over the front of the shin bone. Patients typically experience the pain after a period of activity or exercise, and it is quickly relieved by rest. The pain from exercise-induced compartment syndrome can be quite severe, and it often limits a patient's activity level.” Read in detail about this at: http://orthopedics.about.com/od/overuseinjuries/a/compartment.htm

Please consult a neurologist and a physician at the earliest. Let me know what your doctors say. If you need more help, please feel free to contact. I’ll be happy to answer your queries. Please keep me posted.

See comments above. My GP had also suggested my problem might be a pinched nerve.
Thanks for the post.
Looks like, this was not meant for me. It is addressed to ukgirl72. Read through your post very carefully. There is no mention of ‘My GP had also suggested my problem might be a pinched nerve.’
Relax! How are you now? Please keep me posted.