Numb Finger Tips
I've had Numbness on my finger tips(Right Hand) for about 3 months now.  I was on Effexsor XL for a couple of months & thought that might have something to do with it. I've been off the med for about 6 weeks & still have the numbing feeling.  
Your problem is usually related to a thyroid problem.  If your Thyroid is normal, there is a "rule of thumb" for finger numbness not related to Thyroid.  If the middle, ring, and/or small finger is numb, then look to a problem with injury to the neck or shoulder.  If the numbness is in the thumb and second finger, look for injury to the elbow.  If it is all the fingers, look for an injury to the nerve bundle found in the middle of the shoulder between the end and the neckline.  See an orthopedic neurologist for a nerve conduction study to see if you have any nerve problems in the arm, shoulder, or hand.  good luck

'Abnormal nerve sensations such as pins-and-needles, tingling, burning, prickling or similar feelings are all known as "paresthesias". Some cases are severe enough to be considered painful. Paresthesias usually result from nerve damage due to pressure, entrapment, or nerve diseases. Continued nerve damage can lead to finger numbness and permanent loss of feeling. Any abnormal sensation needs medical investigation.

Distinction as to which fingers are tingling is important to diagnosis. The main fingers are more likely to be affected by conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome. The 4th and 5th fingers are affected by the ulnar nerve, which can be interrupted by pressure at the elbow or the chest area (e.g. thoracid outlet syndrome).

Parethesias in the hands and fingers can also be caused by broader diseases such as peripheral neuropathy (more common in the feet but hands can be affected) and various others. Correct diagnosis of the causes of finger paresthesias is important and treatment can often reverse the damage. '

'# Other medical conditions, including:

* Carpal tunnel syndrome
    * Diabetes
    * Migraines
    * Multiple sclerosis
    * Seizures
    * Stroke
    * Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
    * Underactive thyroid

# Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body
# A lack of vitamin B12 or other vitamin
# Certain medications
# Toxic action on nerves, such as that from lead, alcohol, or tobacco
# Radiation therapy'

You could read more about this at the following link -
http://www.cureresearch.com/sym/tingling_fingers.htm#possible

Consult your doctor to find out the cause in your case.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.