Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numb feeling throughout entire body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Numb feeling throughout entire body

In Feb 2005 I had a lung infection and burning pulsing sensations like my body was going to explode. That cleared up with antibiotics. Since then, my whole body has been feeling increasingly numb, my skin is pale and I feel like my blood is not circulating properly. I constantly feel like I am recovering from food poisoning,nausea every morning, aching body, sore throat. When I do any form of exercise, my muscles fill with lactic acid and ache, then I feel like lead, cold heavy and numb. My hair has been falling out for 7 months, about 200 hairs per day. My lungs feel damaged and don't seem to work properly sometimes. My abdomen hurts when I apply slight pressure to it. Ihad a chest x-ray in July 2005 which was clear. I have had blood tests to check for thyroid, anaemia which were fine. I saw a nuerologist in march and he couldn't find anything wrong, am seeing the doctor again soon to see if he has any other ideas, but usually leave feeling like a hypocondriac! Any ideas what it is? If anyone could shed any light on my symptoms it would be much appreciated. Thanks x
Hey, not sure that I can shed any light on what's happening with you but I can tell you that I relate to how you feel when you leave the doctors office.  I told my doc that that's the way I feel each time I come in - and she told me that I shouldn't feel that way b/c she doesn't think it....but i just have that feeling....know what I mean?  I have read somewhere about limbs that feel cold, heavy and numb...not sure where - I will try to look back and see if I can find anything....in the meantime, hang in there!
Hi just wanted to say thanks for your support. Saw my doctor and he is sending me for tests at hospital, thinks it could be CFS. Am releived that he is taking my symptoms seriously and feel much more positive am on my way to a diagnosis/treatment. Bye x
You are so welcome!  I am sending thoughts and prayers up for you - I certainly hope that you find some relief - whether in the form of diagnosis or dr taking you seriously.  
You mentioned CFS - not sure, do you mean chronic fatigue syndrome?  I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a long time ago but my symptoms have changed and gotten worse. Since CFS also accompanies Fibro sometimes, I can sympathize with you.  Please let me know how it goes.
Take care!