Numb hands
Anytime I lay down my hands go numb and become freezing. If it's when I sleep I wake up with them numb and also swollen. It hurts to make a fist. If I drink any kind of alcohol my hands are swollen enough that my rings won't come off by the second drink. I am 28 year old female. I weigh 130 lbs and at my monthly visits to my nutritionist my blood pressure is always normal. I take 56mg of Adipex a per and 10 mg Ambien per night. I have no idea what causes these symptoms but my maternal grandmother had similar ones and she died from bone cancer. They aren't unbearable but annoying.
My Aunt had the same problem and she developed a tumer in back of her head how is your vistion?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Cold hands can happen due to peripheral vascular disease or disorder of the circulatory system outside of the brain and heart. Other causes of cold extremities are hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!
I have spots in front of my eyes a lot... But the Adipex I take is said to do that. : /
The anemia may be to blame. I am currently covered in bruises. I get B12 shots every week I know it isn't that. I have voiced my concern to my doctor and she really didn't seem interested in doing any tests. That's why I came to post in the forum.