Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numb toe, loss of balance, shakey(shaky) vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Over the past 3 1/2 weeks I had numbes in three of my fingers but that went away, and in both my big toes.  The left toe is much more numb that the right, and it really hasnt gone away.  I am legally blind, but  my vision seems to be doing something it has never done before in my life.  For a  little over a month there are a few times through out the day where my vision will shake. It's kinda like when there's a glitch in a movie projecter and the image jolts for a second then returns to normal. This happens at least twice a day. The bottom lid of my left eye has been twitching almost every single day for the past three weeks.  Even though I'm legally blind I get around pretty well, RARELY bumping into anything. However, over the past month or two I have been bumping into things A LOT, and I realize they are always in my peripheral field of view. My peripheral vision is bad, but I have never bumped into things like I have been in the past two months. I have also been loosing my balance very frequently- I'd say a few time almost every day.  It can happen when I'm getting up from a chair, walking, or when I begin walking after standing still. I don't know if this has to do with any of the things I listed above, but I have been gagging quite a bit but never throwing up (this usually happens if I'm feeling a little flustered or stressed, maybe it could just be something new by body is doing when it feels stress?)

I think that's about it.  I should alsmo mention that my sleep pattern is horrible.  I don't really sleep.  Once or maybe twice a week I will go to bed "early" (between 11pm-12am),  Three or four days it's between 12am and 2/2:30am.  The one or two days I will go to bed past 3am.  Could this have somethign to do with what's goign on?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much for yout time.

Nazaria
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Poor sleep patterns can cause temporary loss of balance or poor judgment of distance during the day. It would be wise to consult a sleep specialist regarding this. What is the cause of your loss of sight—macular degeneration, retinal detachment or optical nerve problem? The cause could give an insight into your vision flashes—which are common in retinal detachment.
This also looks like an episode of transient ischemic attack wherein the blood supply to brain is temporarily cut off. The episodes last for a maximum of 24 hours and then resolve or a new symptom starts. Otherwise it could be due to ophthalmic nerve compression by a tumor or an aneurysm or a cyst. Please consult a neurologist. You may need to undergo a MRI of the brain.
Diabetes, thyroid problems and Multiple sclerosis too should be looked into.
Hope this helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your response.  

I was born with an underdeveloped optical nerve  
Maybe I should consult a sleep specialist.  I have always had such a scrwed up sleep pattern and none of this has ever happened.  Hopefully these symptoms are just from lack of sleep.  Except the numbess in my toe I don't think that's sleep related.

I will speak with a doctor.

Thanks again.