Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numbness, Diziness, Loss of Hearing, Memory Loss, Fatigue, Slurred Spee...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Numbness, Diziness, Loss of Hearing, Memory Loss, Fatigue, Slurred Speech, Motor Skill Problems

Our dear friend has all of the symptoms above and the there is no diagnosis. He is rapidly declining and the Dr's have ruled out all neurological conditions including MS.  18 vials of blood with everything looking fine and normal.

He will sleep 3 days straight and have a good day every once and a while and seem normal and then go back into terrible conditions.  I don't have all the details, but these are the symptoms:

Numbness, Dizziness, Loss of Hearing, Memory Loss, Severe Fatigue, Slurred Speech, Motor Skill Problems

Any Ideas?  He is losing the battle with no diagnosis...........
Avatar n tn
While doing research, I did notice two things that have simlar symptoms -

Aspartame, NutraSweet, Equal...

and Gulf War Syndrome (although he did not serve or go there.)

It is very difficult to make a diagnosis without examination but the various possibilities for your friend’s symptoms are alzheimer’s disease(incurable, degenerative, and terminal disease of the nervous system) , olivospinocerebellar atrophy,neurosarcoidosis(Involvement of the central nervous system by sarcoidosis) and intracnial space occupying lesions(brain tumors).

Chances of alzheimer’s disease are more.You can log on to the following website and read about it in detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimer's_disease

Pls ask your friend to discuss these possibilities with his neurologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your friend is doing or in case you have any additional queries.

Avatar n tn
Thanks for the info.  I passed it along to his wife.  He is actually getting worse with still no diagnosis.  :(

He will sleep days on end without getting up to eat or even use the restroom.  He did have an MRI and CT scans with no results or abnormalities.  All neurological tests have come back with no results.  Also has had 18 viles of blood drawn for testing and no results.  His wife is already making plans for his death.  I told her not to quit and keep searching for a diagnosis.  The problem is now she is working full time to make ends meet and doesn't have time to do the research.  It's really sad to watch him slipping away.
Sorry this is not timely.

Was West Nile Virus tested?
A simple blood test can be done to rule it out.
A related discussion, Complicated issure was started.