Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numbness in foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Numbness in foot

I am a diabetic, overweight with high bp/colestrol.  everything is under control until about a week ago.  Suddenly, last week, the middle two toes of my right foot and the ball of the foot have gone numb.  They're not 100% numb, but it is numb just in that small area of my foot.  The rest of my foot feels perfectly normal.  When I walk, it feels like a painful sore, as if it is infected and full of fluid, but there is no infection.  the toes are normal color, the ball of my foot is pink and normal with no swelling or increased temp. to the foot or the effected areas.  
I do have arthritis in my knees and thought I may have pinched a nerve and the feeling would come back after a few days, but it's been over a week now and i'm starting to get a little concerned.  I have no other symtoms (symptoms).  Have you heard of two toes and the ball of the foot going numb for no reason?  There was no trauma to the foot at all.  I haven't seen my doctor yet.  I was hoping to come up with something to take care of this w/o having to go to him.  Thanks
Tags: Foot
1 Comment
How long have you been diabetic? Usually foot related problems come from having diabetes for a long time. You should let your doctor examine you just to be sure.