Numbness in hands in night, hands painful to close
For the past few months, I have been experiencing recurring numbness in my hands at night & pain at different times in hands when I try to close them upon waking up.  I also have many migraine headaches & sometimes experience sharp pains in head.  I have also been experiencing an occasional sharp pain in my left ear followed by a popping noise but it only lasts about 10 minutes per episode.  I've had a doctor look at my ear & I've had a hearing test, my ear is fine.

This discussion is related to Numb hands while sleeping.
Have you had your thyroid checked?  Maybe carpel tunnel?  The two may not be related. I know a symptom of thyroid can be numb. and ting. at night.  I think it is hypo.  
There’s a high possibility of a carpal tunnel syndrome in your case. In this, the median nerve which passes under a structure around the wrist can get compressed and this gives rise to the symptoms of numbness or sometimes tingling sensations and the symptoms are usually worse at night. This cna be due a number of reasons like a past wrist injury, hypothyroidism, diabetes etc. For the confirmation of the diagnosis, a physical examination and some blood tests may be required. I’ll suggest you to consult a physician for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.