Numbness in head
years ago, the back of my would fall asleep (the way one's hands and feet would). It's happening again. It first happened at physical therapy last week and it is still happening. It right above my neck and stretches about 7 inches towards the crown and about the same in width. the back of my head. I have crohns and FMS. Not sure if cocnnected. What ever it is. Is it dangerous?

Any type of tingling, burning, or numbness is usually a symptom related to a sensory nerve being damaged, diseased, or injured. Are you a diabetic or do you take alcohol? Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism

They can also be due to vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. Common disorders causing paraesthesias are rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome transient ischemic attack, motor neurone disease, or autoimmune disorders like multiple sclerosis or lupus erythematosus.Fibromyalgia can also lead to numbness but it is more pronounced in limbs rather than head.
A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule out the above mentioned possibilities.Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

wow, that could be alot. No I don't drink, ever! I am not diabetic and know that I am not for sure. I get B12 shots monthly and thyoroid is ok. I really like this site. second question I have posted an good way to let out what is going on with me. Thanks again, and If I find something out, I wil keep ya updayed.