Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numbness in right side of brain that comes and goes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi. 38 year old woman, here. I am worried- Over the past 5-6 months I have experienced a strange feeling like the right side of my brain has gone numb and this lasts a maximum of 5 minutes and then goes away. Believe it has occurred 5 times. No other strange symptoms accompany this-no headache or numbness anywhere else. Had xrays of my neck and blood work done and everything came back normal. I go back to the dr. next month. Any ideas, or has anyone experienced this where it only lasts a short time?
Hi, Well,. the good new it does not sound like a stroke.   Have you thought of going to a chiropractor? Strange things can happen with nerves from our neck and back that they can not see on a x ray. Try it for a while and good luck.
Also had a thought: do you clench your jaw? A chiropractor might be able to help you identify this too.
Thank you for the suggestions! I used to go to a chiropractor about a year and a half ago. But for lower back pain. Went back to doctor and since blood work and neck xrays didn't turn up anything, took more blood work and ordered a CAT scan in two days. So, regardless of the outcome, I will feel better to have the CAT scan. Won't be just wondering anymore.