Numbness of brain
On the 17th November 2007 I was attacked and my head was jumped on a couple of times.  At the time, apart from the cuts and bruises, I had all the usual symptoms of a head injury; nausea, dizziness, etc. I have developed long lasting headaches which tend to be pulsating with a sharp pain and a strange numbness all over the brain (and sometimes this numbness travels throughout the body) that is difficult to explain - I would compare the sensation to that of ones foot going to sleep after sitting in an awkward position.

I had a CT scan in December 07 which revealed a small anomaly which was not present in 2003  Doctors say it is nothing to worry about, that I probably have 'post concussion syndrome'.  I am worried about the numbness as it isn't getting less as time goes by and it is not listed as a symptom of post concussion syndrome.  I've been thinking of paying for an MRI to investigate further.  Any advice please?
My experience with your headache numbness is that I have a traumatic head injury and 4 years later and I get sharp stabbing headaches that come and goes. I always have a constant headache numbness just like you describe so maybe it is similar. My long lasting headache is 4 yrs and still going so you are not alone. I think it is always good to investigate further to see if there is more damage than the doctors are aware of. The brain is a complex organ, there are lots of brain injury support groups, hospitals, and information out there to learn more about your symptoms.

If you have any other questions you can ask me anytime

Jen
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.