Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numbness throughout body

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Numbness throughout body

I'm a 20 year old Male who is relatively healthy. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, with my body feeling extremely weird  and numb. When i wriggled in my bed, I couldnt really feel the blankets brush against my skin. My arms and legs were felt numb, but I could still feel them moving. When i rub my legs or my chest, I couldn't really feel that either. I decided to go back to bed after 45 minutes, and the numbness sensation disappeared when I woke up. However, the sensation came back at lunch time, and is still going on (it is 12 am now).

I have felt this sensation when I tried marijuana twice, and it lasted for a couple of hours afterwards and dissapeared. Both times i had slept it off. That was about 3 months ago and i haven't done it since. Now that its happenign again when i am sober, I'm extremely scared, and was wondering if anyone knows what is going on. Whenever i put my hand on my face and rub it, it feels like my hand isn't there, and that my face is numb as well.

Has anyone heard of this or experience this?

Have you experienced any weakness before this happened ? Also, have you had any colds, viruses and/or recent vaccinations ?
During christmas, i was sick with a cold, sore throat, and somewhat of a chest infection. I also had a minor stomach flu. Right now, still having a cough right now.. but is it normal for someone to experience numbness like that?

No, it is not normal. Check out these links and see if anything sounds familiar. If it doesn't, then please see your physician right away and ask to get a referral to a Neurologist.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/gbs.htm

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm

i was going threw the same thing about a year ago. i went to a neuroligist , they found i have nerve damage.its been over a year now and still get numb, and also pain with the numbness. please get to a doctor asap. dont wait like i did. now i have to go to pain management once a month. get cortozone shots in my spine and neck. and will be on all kinds of meds, becouse i waited so long. good luck
A related discussion, very weird feeling being numb was started.