Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Numbness/tingling/pain in right leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Numbness/tingling/pain in right leg

About 25 years ago I had tests (neurologist) because of pain and a tingling numbness in my right leg. He said something to the effect that I had a nreve growing the wrong way in my lower leg. Now the same symptoms have returned and my family doctor sent me for an arterial doppler ultrasound, which came back normal. Parts of my leg, around the knee and other areas also get cold. I do have bouts of anxiety and panic attacks that started about 25 years ago and have been taking xanax for several years now. Sometimes when I get anxious or nervous, the pain gets worse. Does the nerve diagnosis seem normal? I also had aan MRI on my lower back prescribed by the neurologist and it was normal. (25 years ago) My family doctor thought the nerve diagnosis sounded ridiculous. Anyone else hAVE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS?
1 Comment

How are you?

Numbness and tingling are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your hands, feet, arms, or legs.

Many causes of numbness in the leg are there. These include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply to the legs as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, diabetes, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause tingling in the knee and legs.

You can take multivitamins for some time. Also get your blood sugar tested.

My opinion is to get yourself examined by a neurologist. After confirmatory diagnosis only, treatment can be started.

Pls keep us posted if you need any more information.

Regards. Take care.