Numbness tip of tongue with loss of taste
For the past couple of weeks I have had numbness to the tip of my tongue, lower lip with a loss of taste.  Food has almost no flavor.  I haven't had any dental work done recently and have no chonic medical conditions.  I take no meds on a daily basis.  I workout 4-5 days a week for 1-2 a day, eat healthy.  I also have this contunious thrist (dryness) in my mouth.  I have drink water and protien drinks only, no cokes.  No matter how much I drink the thrist is present.   The tongue is normal in size and color.  I haven't burned it on any thing.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have numbness lower lip and tip of tongue and extreme thirst, the first possibility to be ruled out is diabetes. Secondly stop the protein drink for sometime and see if it helps. At times this is due to vitamin or iron deficiency, hence take a supplement and see. The other possibility is contact dermatitis, which is basically an allergy to something that cones in contact with your lips and tongue. Hope this helps. Take care!