Odd, Chemical tastes in mouth
I have been having occasional wierd chemical like flavors in my mouth over the past 2-3 weeks.  Started when I licked my lower lip and there was this distinctive not normal taste.  I has happened a few times over the past time period and again today.  Also this past weekend I ate some Pringles that tasted normal to my loved one but when I ate one I swear all I tasted was a strong chemical flavor.  I don't know what chemical mind you because I don't have experience tasting chemicals but, it definitely was a flavor that I would truly expect a chemical(s) to taste like.  Any ideas??
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Bitter/altered taste in mouth is a common side effect of many medications. It could be due to infection of gums or cavities in teeth. It could also be an abnormal perception of taste called dysgeusia. GERD and heart burn too cause metallic taste in mouth. Post nasal drip as in sinusitis, salivary glands infection,pharyngitis or strep infection  too are common causes. Certain dentures and artificial tooth or filling of dental cavities too give a metallic taste. Sjogren’s syndrome and copper or lead toxicity are other possibilities.
Sulfur taste in mouth without a bad breath is usually associated with problems like post nasal drip, diabetes, liver problems and initiation of sulfur forming bacteria in mouth. Food allergies like to sulfur dioxide and vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause a sulfur taste in mouth.
OK here are a few tips for you. Try them. They should help. Having citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They help in washing away the metallic taste by producing more saliva. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. It will help in lessening the metallic taste. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste.
Please discuss this with your doctor. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, Chemical taste in mouth was started.