Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Odd Chest Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Odd Chest Pressure

I am a 27 year old make who has been experienceing some off symptoms.  About 6 months ago I quit smoking and started a new job.  SHortly after that I begin experiencing this pressure in my chest.  It was right about the area where my ribs meet in the middle.  This is accompanied by very tender chest muscles and ribs when touched.  I have had both types of stress tests, both normal, blood work, normal except for the 210 cholesterol, an MRI of the brain, normal...As you can see, this is vexing as knowone seems to know what is causing.  The worst other then the pressure now is the mild depression that has set in.  I can only assume that it is due to the unanswered question as to what is wrong with me.  As of now, there is still no clear idea as to what may be causeing this.  Oh yes, I forgot, I also had my throat and stomach checked with the camera, also normal.  I am currently taking 25mg of Toprol once a day and one Nexium a day for heartburn.  As a review, there is the pressure in chest, not pain.  I have pain and soreness to touch in the chest area but that seems to be muscular.  I sometimes find it hard to breath or like I cant catch my breath.  I occasionally get pain in my arms and legs.

Thank You
Anxiety can cause your symptoms.  Since you just changed jobs and have had some "life" upsets, this is possibly your problem.  Add some kelp to your diet, or see the doc for an anti-anxiety or anti-depressant for the short term until your life "settles down".
Anxiety can be a result of Thyroid imbalance due to low iodine in the diet.  Iodine "feeds" the Thyroid gland and can relieve anxiety and irritation.  Kelp is iodine.  It can be purchased in most health food stores.  Don't take more than about 228mcg per day. Too much iodine is just as bad as too little. Check with the doctor or a pharmacist to make sure iodine will be okay with your other meds.  Hope this helps
Well thank you very much for your help.  I will make sure to talk to my doctor about that.

What is the benifit of Kelp?

Thank You
Another possibility: Costochondritis  http://www.mayoclinic.com gives informative info about this problem.