Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
One leg longer than other?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

One leg longer than other?

I couldn't find a better forum to post this...
I was diagnosed with this in middle school (about 18 years ago). I know eveyone has some differentiation b/t legs but they said I needed a lift put in my shoe b/c it was enough that it was curving my spine.
I never had it put in. Now whenever I get up from sitting, the small of my back cracks, like it's adjusting. B/c when I sit, my back is straight. But when I stand, one leg is longer so one hip is pushed up and cracks the spine. I can only imagine this when I'm 80!
Should I get a lift put in? I also worry that if I do get it, and take it out, like at bedtime, my back will freak out and REALLY crack!
I would go and have it checked out by a specialist.  Also maybe have someone like a chiropractor look at you.  Perhaps your hips are out of whack - mine were - one leg felt totally longer than the other and I kept walking towards one direction.  Went to the chiropractor and he said my hips were out which caused all of the pain in my lower back and caused me to walk funny.  They should be able to determine if it is your hips or if you need more professional help.  Just talk to the chiropractor regarding your situation adn they should be able to lead you in the right direction.  If your leg is quite a bit longer after your hips are staightened out, then I would suggest getting the lift.  It probably won't be much but you will definitely notice a difference in your body.
hi i had these same symptoms and told my dr. and he had xrays  done and i found out that my disc are degenerated  a little and hips are uneven one leg is shorter than the other and i have scoiliosis in 3 spots  in my spine from top to bottom he did some adjustments and said nothing to do but lose some weight do some stretching excersizing and see him as needed sent me home with some pain meds and antiinflamatory meds im 43 and sediment in excersizing.